LAW + JUSTICE EDUCATION + JUDICIAL DISCIPLINE + PROFESSIONALISM+ SKILLS+ HUMAN VALUES+ PRACTISE READY =PRINCIPAL VISION
About The School Best Law Colleges
in Kolkata (West Bengal, India)
Having established on 21/06/2015 and then after constantly marching with the torch of legal education we have a vision to impart justice oriented legal education. Our teachers including of retired Judges we empower students by individual attention, extensive as well as intensive law study with clinical education.
At the School of Law and Justice, Adamas University, as the name suggests, along with law justice education is given great importance. In addition, law teaching we focus on development of skills for critical and prudential judgement to make our students great professionals as the principal goal of legal education is formative rather than informative.
Study Specialized and New Generation Programs
Key Features of the School
Prof. N. L. Mitra is a well-known legal academician, ex-Chancellor of KIIT University and Advisor to the Chancellor.
Prof. Mitra is credited with giving a new direction to legal education in the country. He is associated with many academic institutes of national and international repute as mentor and advisor.
He is well known in India and abroad as an eminent academician and academic administrator and has been advisor to leading law schools of the country, including National Law University, Odisha and law school of IIT Kharagpur. He had been the Vice-Chancellor of National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore and National Law University (NLU), Jodhpur. He has been the Chairman of different important Government of India Committees and has advised Reserve Bank of India and other important bodies.
He is a life member of Indian Institute of Public administration ( IIPA )and India Law Institute. He is presently member of the legal education committee of the bar council of India & a senior partner of a leading law firm FOX Mandal & Associates
- Prof. (Dr.) Silla Ramsundar is Professor & Dean School of law & Justice, Adamas University, Kolkata. He has about 22 years of teaching & Advocacy experience which includes NLUs, NJA & other nationally reputed institutions.
- Dr. Ramsundar has done his Ph.D. from Berhampur University, Berhampur, Orissa in the year 2010; Master of Laws (LL.M) from Lingaraj Law College, Berhampur under Berhampur University in the year 2000; Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) from Ganjam Law College, Berhampur in the year 1998; Graduation B.Sc. (Gen.) from Khallikote College, Berhampur under Berhampur University in the year 1993 & Certificate Course on Human Rights from P.G. Department of law, Berhampur University in the year 2001.
- Prior to joining us Dr. Ramsundar associated with School of Law, NMIMS Hyderabad campus, Jadcherla, Telangana as a Professor & Associate Dean, from February 2019 to June 2022; with School of Law & Justice, Adamas University, Kolkata as a Professor from July 2015 to February 2019; with the National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam as an Associate Professor of Law from March 2013 to July 2015; with the National Judicial Academy, Bhopal as an Assistant Professor from March 2010 to March 2013; with the Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur, Chhattisgarh as an Assistant Lecturer of Law from July 2006 to March 2010; with Midnapore Law College, Midnapore (West Bengal) as a Lecturer from April 2005 to July 2006 and also have experience of practice at the Bar as an Advocate at District court Berhampur, Odisha for about Five years.
- He published articles in various International & National Journals; presented Papers at several International and National Seminars/Conferences/Workshops; Adjudged several Moot Competitions and delivered Gust Lectures at various reputed organizations; Delivered special lectures as a Resource Person in the National Seminar, Workshops and Faculty Development Programmes.
- Dr. Ramsundar has some significant accomplishments like Vice-Chancellor (Acting) of the National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam from May 2014 to July 2014; Head of the Center for Intellectual Property Rights Studies in National Law University, Assam; Conducted and organized several Moot Courts, National Seminars/Conferences/Workshops/Training Programmes; Member Executive Council, Academy Council, Library Committee, Disciplinary Committee, IT Committee, Purchase Committee and Moderation Committee in various organizations.
- Dr. Ramsundar keeps interest in Commercial Law, Intellectual Property Law & Cyber Law.
From Our Blog
What our students say
Today studying at SOLJ is a crucial part of my life and this crucial part is satisfied at its best by the School. SOLJ has an amazing library, probably one of the best in whole State with all national and international journals for law, along with great reference books for its students pursuing BA, BBA, or BSc LLB along with its great library staff. All the faculties at SOLJ are not only knowledgeable at law but also have a great field experience. To achieve a specific goal a team always needs its leader and such leader of department is our respectable Dean Prof. Dr. Jyotsna Yagnik. I am pursuing Criminal Law as my Honors.
School of Law & Justice intellectually prepares its students to appreciate the role of law in development from national, regional, and international perspectives. Under the special guidance and leadership of the Dean, School of Law & Justice, Professor ( Dr.) Jyotsna Yagnik , various national conferences, seminars , competitions were organized in the School which imparted knowledge and enriched the students to explore new ideas under proper guidance from the teachers. My perspective being a law student is that coming to law school forced me to think out of the box and look at every possible outcome to a problem. Last, but not the least, as our Dean ma’am always says, “Embrace your curiosity and it will help you highlight your strengths”.
The university and the School of Law and Justice, undoubtedly, can brag for their best faculties for excellence in Human Resource. We are very fortunate to get Professor Dr. Jyotsna Yagnik as our Dean under whose guidance and leadership we had our first opportunity to organise National level seminar ( The Relevance of Criminal Law Amendments from 2013 to 2018 in Eliminating Discrimination against Women in India, 2019), apart from that, she puts stress on the real value of education which includes personality development, communication skill building through various activities and interactions not just on the literal knowledge, which has helped us to get along with the society confidently.
This is no normal law school. As the name suggests, it believes in justice-oriented education, which denotes an overall individuality expansion for lawyers of the future. It focuses on the practical knowledge and skill set required for a successful lawyer in the field. Hence, communication, writing, public-speaking, presentations, al fresco exposure, everything is taken care of by my School. In this regard, it is very important to mention the contribution of our respected Dean, Prof. Dr. Jyotsna Yagnik, A teacher par excellence, a prolific personality, and an inspiring career in the field of law, ma’am has made sure that the students are engrossed in productivity.
Get in touch with our academic counsellors to get in-depth knowledge about our courses and plan a visit to the School and campus. Drop in an enquiry and we will get back to you.